Sun, rain, and reading is this week’s theme! Bibi loves the sun and reading, and she wants to learn about the advantages of rain to the world.
Watch the introduction video in English and Spanish and enjoy some read-aloud videos.
You can download the books to read together.
Read these free, sharable books from our friends at Storyweaver about the Sun, Rain, and Reading! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again:
Things to Do Together
- Draw together: take turns helping each other draw the sun, clouds, rain, and snow. If you draw half of the picture, can they draw the other half?
- What color is the sun? Can you find items in your house that match the sun’s colors?
- Draw clouds and write a number in each one – can your child draw that number of raindrops falling from the cloud? Would they like to add themselves to the picture holding an umbrella?
- Cloud drawing – spray some shaving foam onto a surface and let them draw cloud pictures in it. This is a great sensory activity and easy to clean!
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Download the Play and Learn Science App
Ways to Move Together
- Go outside in the morning or evening and make shapes with your shadows from the sunlight!
- Weather Themed Yoga Poses!
Time to Share
Reflect on what you read and did at the end of the week.
- I know more about …
- I learned…
“There are many benefits to getting some sun and rain, not to mention reading books. All three make for a perfect day in Texas!”
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading…
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0