Your Dedication Advances Our Mission
Volunteers are essential to all aspects of BookSpring programs. From reading aloud to children and families, sorting book donations, and distributing books in our community, we have a volunteer opportunity fit for you!
Join us for a fun and impactful volunteer experience! Individuals, families (children ages 12 and up at our warehouse), social and civic groups, and corporate groups are welcome.
Step 1: Complete a New Volunteer Application
If you are new to BookSpring, please read these volunteer testimonials! If you want to stay in touch, please complete an application. We will capture your contact information, add you to our email list, and keep you updated on ongoing and unique volunteer opportunities.
Please note that some positions require criminal background checks, and we cannot accommodate court-mandated community service placements.
Step 2: Sign Up for Volunteer Opportunities
We use SignUp to schedule most of our open assignments. You can go directly to this calendar to pick your preferred dates and times if registered as a volunteer.
Connecting Generations, Strengthening Communities project: Volunteers (age 55+) are encouraged to share their love of reading & storytelling while helping us to engage more families in our community. You must commit to 20 hours of volunteer service from now through November!
- Curbside & Delivery Services: If you have a vehicle and are comfortable picking up and delivering boxes of books, please apply and sign up to find out what opportunities might be coming up to help get books into the hands of program partners.
- Group Book Sorting and Labeling: Groups of up to 12 can come into the BookSpring Warehouse to sort and label books. If you are a group leader, please sign up above, and then you can claim your preferred date for your entire group in the SignUp calendar. Contact us if you have any questions or need specific accommodations at (512) 472-1791 x 105.
- Video or Written Book Reviewers: People of all ages can create written or video book reviews for our website and social media! Book reviews can be of any book or topic you choose. Be creative and share your opinions on the books and stories that inspire you! Help share your love of reading with children and families.
- Recorded or Live Video Read Alouds: Kids and young adults can help promote storytelling through read-aloud videos! You can read aloud any of the online books found in Bibi’s Weekly Themes.
- Author Ambassadors: Currently held by acclaimed author David Rice, the Author Ambassador is integral to our programs and public awareness efforts. They are our trusted representatives at school, company, and community-based events, including public speaking, reading aloud, informational sessions, and motivational speaking. We accept letters of interest from published children’s book authors at any time.
Step 3: Report Your Hours
After completing your assignment, please take our volunteer satisfaction survey here. Also, if you need to report on your service for your company or civic group or want us to keep track, log your hours for our records.
Your service hours help us with funders’ reports highlighting your contribution to our mission!
Volunteer opportunities can change weekly! So, apply, sign up, record your hours, and help us build our community’s inclusive and diverse reading culture. Contact Jessica Morris, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com (512) 472-1791 x 105 with any volunteer questions.