Today we’re talking about farms and barnyards! Have you ever been to a farm? Farms are a wonderful places filled with lots of different animals and crops we grow for food. Let’s read some books together about what goes on at farms! Watch videos, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Read together at home
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to do together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Space Scouts Food Farmer Game
- Practice writing/spelling farm animals: How many can you do? Pig, Goat, Cow, Sheep, Horse, Goose, chicken, duck, rooster, hen. Are there more animals not listed here?
- Take a virtual tour of a farm! Hens, Virtual Farm Tour, or Dairy Farm
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and did.
- Did you practice writing new words?
- What did you learn from the books and/or virtual farm tours you took?
Share with BookSpring
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to email@example.com, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading for more parent tips and recommendations!
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0