Staff Spotlight: Jessy Morris, Logistics Manager

What is your job title at BookSpring and what does it mean to you?

I am the Logistics Manager which means I help the organization run efficiently through oversight of processing systems. I help conduct our annual inventory, lead volunteering shifts, distribute books to community partners, and work with distributors to send children under four in Texas books free of charge.

What is your favorite part of what you do?

I love being able to work directly with children in the community and the partners who serve them to be able to provide them with something tangible. Books are such a safe place to escape to and I’m so happy I’m able to give that to someone who may need it.

What do you see for the future of BookSpring?

I believe I’ll continue working with children across Texas through our Books Beginning at Birth program and allow other members of the community to help lead volunteer shifts so we can provide more service opportunities for those who are interested.

What would you like to tell the BookSpring audience about yourself?

Along with promoting literacy efforts in Texas, I love sewing and making art through the use of textiles! It is so great giving a new life to secondhand clothing pieces, similar to what we do at BookSpring with our donated texts.

Staff Spotlight: Jessy Morris, Logistics Manager
Scroll to top