Hey, it’s Bibi, flying around again! It is a beautiful gift to fly. I can go near or far, high or low. I can see treetops and rooftops when I fly! I wish I could take you with me. But the next best thing is reading together about flying in a book!
Watch this video, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Read Together at Home
Here are some books to read together! From A Butterfly Smile to Rose to Rocky’s War On Insects, you can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Dino Flight Game
- Research some winged things around you! If you live in Austin, here is a great place to start: https://travisaudubon.org/tx-backyard-birds-galleries
- Get outside and see some wings! See if you can see or hear any of the birds you researched, or any insects that have wings.
- Make a bird feeder to attract birds to your yard! All you need is an empty toilet paper roll covered in peanut butter and sprinkled with birdseed.
- Look at this fun list of things with wings and see if you can read all of the words, or add anything to the list! https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/17435
- Check out these live feeds of birds and other things with wings:
- Tropical Birds Camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKvusCEic4&feature=emb_logo
- Check out this live feed of a Butterfly House in Melbourne, Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKOIqNGcW-M&feature=emb_logo
- Live Hummingbird Camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXe8MpU7uzk&feature=emb_logo
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read, and what you did.
- Did you see anything in or around your home with wings this week?
- If you had wings, where would you go?
- Did you learn anything new about birds, insects, or other things with wings?
Share with BookSpring!
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to email@example.com, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
More Ideas To Build Young Readers
Hear these great stories about winged things read aloud by famous actors:
(Thank you to Storytime Online)
Learn more with our partner Austin PBS:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new Weekly Themes.
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.