This week is Bibi, the BookSpring Butterfly’s birthday! Sometimes, growing up sounds a little bit scary, but there are so many wonderful things to look forward to. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Books to Read Together
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again. Discussion questions are available for each book.
- What did Golu find in the jungle?
- Would you like to be a detective?
The Doctor is in
- Who helped Priya when she was sick?
- Have you ever been to the doctor’s office?
I Want to be a Police Officer
- What are the characteristics of a police officer?
- Would you like to be a police officer?
When I grow up
- Do you have any hobbies that you like to do?
- Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?
Hoy Yo Soy
- What does a botanist study?
- Who did Megha dress up as?
Cuando Pilloo Crezca
- ¿Con cuáles animales hablo Pilloo?
- ¿Qué quieres hacer cuando seas grande?
- ¿Quien le ayuda a Mindy?
- ¿Qué le dice su papá?
- ¿Quien ayuda a la gente enferma?
- ¿Quién apaga los incendios? mecanico
Things to Do Together
- Help your child identify their strengths and remember that they don’t have to be skilled; they can be character traits. There are three things you should look for – Use (they want to do the activity all the time), Energy (they don’t get tired of practicing), and Performance (they show some skill at it).
- Talk about what kinds of jobs would fit well with their strengths and interests?
- How can reading help them prepare for this job?
- Invite them to draw a picture of themselves doing the job they have chosen.
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and what you did.
- Did you learn about any new jobs?
- Is there a job you would like to learn more about?
More Ideas To Build Young Readers
- Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading for more parent tips and recommendations!
Please share your photos and stories by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpringATX #ReadTogether. Remember to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more weekly themes and Community Storytime videos.
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational use.